Online Academic Writing Tutorial
Get support with your writing assignments at any stage of the process, from planning to submission, to help you become a better writer.
These longer tutorials offer more in-depth help with writing your assignments. Each tutorial is 45 minutes long. Our tutors can advise you on a range of topics, from organising an academic argument to creating stylish sentences.
You can book a tutorial at any stage of the writing process, from planning to polishing. You can book a maximum of two tutorials per assignment.
Possible areas of focus could include:
- Improving your academic style
- Developing your vocabulary
- How to structure different types of academic writing
- Using evidence to support your ideas
- Research skills
- Understanding/Planning your assignment
- Any other area you would like to discuss
Before your tutorial you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org OR your tutor directly with:
- Your assignment brief
- Any planning/writing you have already done
PLEASE write “TUTORIAL” in the subject box, and include the date and time of your tutorial, along with your student ID number and name.
Online tutorials are delivered via Microsoft Teams, you will need:
- Microsoft Teams (available free from Office 365 - click here to access Office365)
- Please click here to read the instructions for an online tutorial
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- 9:00am - 9:45am
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)