Online Proof-Reading Tutorial
PROOF-READING TUTORIALS - 15 minutes
These short tutorials are a chance to get feedback on common errors you may have made in your writing. This could include grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, punctuation etc.
Each tutorial is 15 minutes long, and is limited to a maximum of ONE page of writing only. We cannot proof-read your whole assignment. If you would like to pay an external proof-reader, please email us and we will provide you with a list of Coventry approved proof-readers.
The tutor can:
- Highlight poor grammar.
- Point out spelling errors, repetition, missing words or inappropriate word use.
- Identify errors or inconsistencies in formatting or labelling.
- Check if referencing is appropriate.
The tutor cannot:
- Rewrite sentences, or sections of text.
- Comment on the structure of the paper’s argument.
- Add new material to the document.
- Write your citations and/or references
BEFORE YOUR TUTORIAL
You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your writing. You can email a maximum of ONE A4 page.
PLEASE write “TUTORIAL” in the subject box, and include the date and time of your tutorial, along with your student ID number and name. If you do not email your writing, your tutorial may be cancelled.
USING TEAMS FOR ONLINE TUTORIALS
Online tutorials are delivered via Teams, you will need:
- Microsoft Teams (available free from Office 365 - click here to access Office365)
- Please click here to read the instructions for an online tutorial
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- 12:00pm - 12:15pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)